If you are a building inspector with a minimum of 5 years experience working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus 3 years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection, please read on!
Roles and responsbilities of the position:
- Inspect all types of structures including commercial and residential buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Examine permit plans and specifications for buildings to be constructed, altered, repaired, moved or demolished to ensure compliance with the provisions of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations; recommend modifications and adjustments as necessary.
- Examine site plans for locations of structures, set back requirements, easements and conformance to planning and zoning regulations.
- Inspect existing buildings and premises for business license, change of use and occupancy for compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Perform business, rental and vacant structure inspections as needed.
- Enforce multiple ordinances, such as Property Maintenance, Building Codes and other related codes.
- Issue notices to comply on violations and issue "stop work" orders for work without permits or in an unsafe manner; maintain records, files, and reports regarding inspection and plan review activities and findings for possible legal actions.
- Apply valuations, costs and permit numbers, and issue documents such as building permits, inspection notices, occupancy cetificates, stop-work orders, correction notices and citations as appropriate.
- Consult with legal, planning, engineering, public work departments and fire safety staff regarding building, fire, life safety, zoning and other code interpretations and applications.
- Log, route, track and process all incoming plans and related permit submittals; respond to code and related questions in person and on the phone.
- Attend and participate in meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations on the field of building inspection and plans examination.
- Attend required continuing education classes to maintain current licenses/certificates.
- Periodical patrol and inspection for violation of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Respond to complaints of code violations related to signage, building occupancy, nuisances, housing conditions, construction, zoning, animals, noise, weeds, dumping and other code-related matters.
- Conduct field inspections regarding violations and take appropriate action for individuals to correct the violation, verbal warning, correction notices or citations.
- Document violations by securing photographs and other pertinent data; research ownership records, prior complaints, municipal codes, ordinances and regulations to establish whether a violation has occurred.
- Meet with owners, tenants, contractors, business owners etc, to review violations and explain code requirements to achieve code compliance.
- Draft and distribute a variety of correspondence, memoranda, notices and reports relating to code enforcement, including warnings, citations, notices to appear and other documents.
- Promote and maintain a positive image in contacts with various persons and agencies, provide effective and efficient customer service, and resolve complex and sensitive issues as they arise.
- Report situations that may be encountered and are outside the scope of the Building Inspection Services to your Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervison and assistence.
- Ability to exercise judgement, confidence and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond to 24/7 emergency on-call requests from Police or Fire Departments, such as for property damage or structural fires.
- Maintain documentary evidence on cases of non-compliance for use in court. When necessary, appear in court and testify professionally and impartially.
- Draft, prepare, recommend, and participate in revisions to municipal code and enforcement policies, procedures, techniques and standards, as well as the department director's interpretation.
What you need for this role:
- Must possess ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification and ICC Commercial Inspector Certification or equivalent.
- Must possess ICC International Property Maintenance Code Inspector Certification, or equivalent, or be able to obtain such certification within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of construction practices, local building codes and ordinances is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus 3 years experience in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of general office equipment and other tools utilized during field inspections.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to prepare, organize and communicate field data reports is required.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated knowledge of computer software applications, i.e word processing, spreadsheets and databases, is required.
- The ability to set priorities, meet critical time deadlines and follow written and oral instructions.
- Handle business acitivities with discretion and integrity is required.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, contractors, architects, engineers, owners and the general public is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College/University and/or business coursework is preferred.
- Must be capable of driving/operating a motor vechicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Empresa: Aliantec SA Industria: ConsultorÃ?Âa Descripcion: Somos una empresa abocada al Reclutamiento, SelecciÃ?Â³n y ProvisiÃ?Â³n de Personal IT Ã?Â¿Te atraen...
Desde Aliantec Sa - Córdoba
Publicado hace un mes
Para importante cliente nos encontramos en la búsqueda de un Consultor SAP MM.Requisitos:Dominio del módulo SAP MM (Excluyente) y SD, ABAP es un plusExperiencia...
Desde Visión Y Acción - Capital Federal
Publicado hace un mes
Requisition ID: 251079Work Area: FinanceExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: StudentEmployment Type: Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTIONSAP started in 1972 as a team...
Desde Sap - Capital Federal
Publicado hace un mes
Be a part of a revolutionary changeAt PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke...
Desde Philip Morris International - Capital Federal
Publicado hace un mes