If you are a building inspector with a minimum of 5 years experience working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus 3 years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection, please read on!
Roles and responsbilities of the position:
- Inspect all types of structures including commercial and residential buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Examine permit plans and specifications for buildings to be constructed, altered, repaired, moved or demolished to ensure compliance with the provisions of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations; recommend modifications and adjustments as necessary.
- Examine site plans for locations of structures, set back requirements, easements and conformance to planning and zoning regulations.
- Inspect existing buildings and premises for business license, change of use and occupancy for compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Perform business, rental and vacant structure inspections as needed.
- Enforce multiple ordinances, such as Property Maintenance, Building Codes and other related codes.
- Issue notices to comply on violations and issue "stop work" orders for work without permits or in an unsafe manner; maintain records, files, and reports regarding inspection and plan review activities and findings for possible legal actions.
- Apply valuations, costs and permit numbers, and issue documents such as building permits, inspection notices, occupancy cetificates, stop-work orders, correction notices and citations as appropriate.
- Consult with legal, planning, engineering, public work departments and fire safety staff regarding building, fire, life safety, zoning and other code interpretations and applications.
- Log, route, track and process all incoming plans and related permit submittals; respond to code and related questions in person and on the phone.
- Attend and participate in meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations on the field of building inspection and plans examination.
- Attend required continuing education classes to maintain current licenses/certificates.
- Periodical patrol and inspection for violation of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Respond to complaints of code violations related to signage, building occupancy, nuisances, housing conditions, construction, zoning, animals, noise, weeds, dumping and other code-related matters.
- Conduct field inspections regarding violations and take appropriate action for individuals to correct the violation, verbal warning, correction notices or citations.
- Document violations by securing photographs and other pertinent data; research ownership records, prior complaints, municipal codes, ordinances and regulations to establish whether a violation has occurred.
- Meet with owners, tenants, contractors, business owners etc, to review violations and explain code requirements to achieve code compliance.
- Draft and distribute a variety of correspondence, memoranda, notices and reports relating to code enforcement, including warnings, citations, notices to appear and other documents.
- Promote and maintain a positive image in contacts with various persons and agencies, provide effective and efficient customer service, and resolve complex and sensitive issues as they arise.
- Report situations that may be encountered and are outside the scope of the Building Inspection Services to your Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervison and assistence.
- Ability to exercise judgement, confidence and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond to 24/7 emergency on-call requests from Police or Fire Departments, such as for property damage or structural fires.
- Maintain documentary evidence on cases of non-compliance for use in court. When necessary, appear in court and testify professionally and impartially.
- Draft, prepare, recommend, and participate in revisions to municipal code and enforcement policies, procedures, techniques and standards, as well as the department director's interpretation.
What you need for this role:
- Must possess ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification and ICC Commercial Inspector Certification or equivalent.
- Must possess ICC International Property Maintenance Code Inspector Certification, or equivalent, or be able to obtain such certification within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of construction practices, local building codes and ordinances is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus 3 years experience in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of general office equipment and other tools utilized during field inspections.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to prepare, organize and communicate field data reports is required.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated knowledge of computer software applications, i.e word processing, spreadsheets and databases, is required.
- The ability to set priorities, meet critical time deadlines and follow written and oral instructions.
- Handle business acitivities with discretion and integrity is required.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, contractors, architects, engineers, owners and the general public is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College/University and/or business coursework is preferred.
- Must be capable of driving/operating a motor vechicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
About CenturyLink CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 6...
Publicado hace 22 días
Auxiliar de enfermería con matrícula provincial Preferentemente Monotributista Para trabajar algunos dias de la semana Enviar currículum a :
Desde Red-Vida - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 22 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nBuenas Prácticas Solidarias es un programa de voluntariado que invita a realizar prácticas profesionalizantes con impacto social...
Desde Estrategia Didáctica - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 22 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nEn GM2dev buscamos un Tech Lead Wordpress que se sume a nuestro equipo. - Experiencia en desarrollo frontend a medida - Apasionado por...
Desde Gm2Dev - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 22 días