Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
Business Overview: Whole Loan Trading Operations
The team provides middle office support to the SPG Whole loan trading business, which buys and sells/securitizes mortgage loans in the US market. The Data Management team being established in Buenos Aires will join the team already on location. Data Management team will get involved from the time the business commits to purchase a loan ensuring the integrity of the loan data and company’s books and records, maintain the integrity of the data through the life of the loan and execute the sale to remove the loan from books cleanly with no outstanding breaks or receivables. Loan data management, reporting, metrics, loan/book set up, break reconciliation and resolution, trade processing, post-settlement activities, relevant system enhancements and testing are some of the main responsibilities. Data Management interacts with many up and downstream areas such as the Trading Desk, Trade Support, Financial and Product Control, Risk, Internal and External auditors, Business Control/Management and Technology.
Open Role: Data Management Analyst shall have an overall knowledge of the mortgage industry. Candidate will be responsible for assisting and processing the daily activities of purchases, sales and repurchases of the Whole Loans Trading Business. Candidate should be able to deal with large amounts of data. Understanding of mortgage loan products, their respective parameters and loan modifications will be needed to perform certain functions. Candidate must possess strong analytical and technical skills and be able to prepare, analyze and resolve system and loan breaks with limited or no supervision.
- Processes purchases/sales/repurchases in SBO2000
- Support the trade desk for loan data analysis and scrubbing of bid data tapes
- Support the remittance reconciliation team in analyzing loans for original parameters or modified terms and update systems accordingly
- Support transaction management by verifying accuracy of funding memos with trade counterparts and coordinate the completion of post settlement activities including cash differences and servicer transfers
- Identify, research, report and resolve loan breaks in daily/weekly/monthly intervals.
- Improve, enhance or design new break reports as necessary to control business or regulatory risk.
- Prepare and analyze complex management reporting data and/or related queries
- Perform multiple functions/queries on the proprietary or off-the-shelf systems
- Analyze and define efficient, cost effective solutions that support user business processes and functional requirements on projects
- Write clear and complete detailed business requirement specifications
- Liaison with Technology for upgrade/enhancement projects and/or bug fixes
- Develop and conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans as needed
- Demonstrate professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Accept other duties as assigned
- Degreed professional (Accounting, Finance/Information Technology) required (Pending degree might be considered)
- Mortgage or loan industry experience preferred
- Individuals with experience in using SBO2000 will be preferred
- Previous general ledger and financial systems experience preferred
- Data Mapping/Cracking experience is valued
- Report/Metric creation background is a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Analytical skills is required, experience with data analysis tools preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is required
- Intermediate MS Access or other database knowledge is preferred
- Strong math aptitude
- Basic SQL knowledge is a plus
- Strong written and spoken English skills are require