The Argentina Unconventional Business was initiated in early 2012 following the successful farm-in into three blocks in the Neuquén Basin. The current portfolio includes 4 operated and 3 non-operated blocks. In November 2018, it was approved the oil and gas extraction development program of 3 blocks for more than $1 billion. It is a growing dynamic business with plenty opportunities for career progression and personal development.
PURPOSE This position supports Country Controller in delivering controlling activities, including accounting, treasury and any external regulatory requirements.
The role has currently a Dec 31st 2020 end date. However, it could be extended as a position without end date.
- Provide direct support to the Country Controller on specifics that require a certain level of business intimacy as well as good understanding of relevant tax and accounting guidelines and legislation.
- Participate in the elaboration of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory and group financial statements in accordance with local regulations and without penalty, providing legal interpretation & guidance on any changes in local legislation affecting the statutory accounting for Shell Argentina and any applicable legal entity/joint venture.
- Attend Central Bank inspections and manage timely response to requests with Legal support.
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity (“demand management”).
- Participate in technical accounting discussions to support the business that require a certain level of business intimacy as well as good understanding of relevant tax and accounting guidelines and legislation.
- Host External audits & provide support on Joint Venture Audits.
- Prepare local payments that cannot be executed by the corresponding team in Finance Service Centers.
A financial accounting professional qualification (e.g. Accounting degree or relevant accreditation)
Knowledge and experience in Corporate Governance and controls
Solid understanding of OU financial, corporate/legal, and tax/fiscal frameworks.
Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills, and the ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
Ability to apply value and risk lens to pragmatic application of the Shell Control Framework
Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
Minimum of 2 years of experience working across accounting/reporting/finance in a similar position
Thorough understanding of IFRS, Argentine Accounting Standards
Ability to quickly grasp complex business issues
Must be able to see the big picture and be guided in daily decisions by an overall understanding of what is best for the company over the long term
Ability to be very hands on and comfortable taking direct responsibility for deliverables
Proven analytical skills
Strong detail orientation
Excellent written, verbal, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills (English and Spanish)
Ability to convey simple to complex financial information to individuals and groups
Comfortable and effective in influencing others and eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources
Ability to drive for results and accept challenges
Ability to work under minimal supervision while reporting results and conferring with superiors on unusual matters and seeking feedback as needed
Controlling and Accounting
Buenos Aires - Casa Central OP
Legal Entity Shell Argentina S.A. + 4 SOVs
Businesses Upstream (Unconventionals + Exploration DW) / DS (Chemicals / Lubes / Trading)
7 Joint Ventures (4 Operated and 3 Non-Operated) across the Neuquen and NOA basins.
Key financial metrics for 2019 include
Capital Employed ~USD 1.5bln - Capital Investments ~USD 300 mln - Gross Revenues ~USD 250 mln - Total Costs ~USD 100 mln.
No. of Positions