Counsel - CCB Business Banking Legal Team
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co ("JPMC") is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business ("LOBs") and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis.
This structure encourages legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
Chase's Business Banking is a sub line of business within Consumer and Community Banking ("CCB") and is based in the United States. Business Banking serves 2.4 million customers in 39 states. Chase is the leading bank for small businesses in our key markets, providing deposit and cash management services, payment solutions, and a broad array of lending products to meet our clients' needs. We provide these services through branch, phone and Internet channels. The Business Banking Legal Team within the JPMC Legal Department was established to provide legal support to Business Banking and associated operations teams. This position provides an opportunity to be an integral member of the legal team that supports Business Banking.
- Monitor state and federal legal and regulatory developments impacting Business Banking; prepare comprehensive, concise summary of developments; make recommendations to attorneys on the relevance of the development and its potential impact to Business Banking. Research will primarily involve legal developments and statutory analysis of laws in the United States.
- Perform state law research for expansion state projects.
- Participate in meetings to discuss these developments with the legal team.
- Maintain reports of monitored developments.
- Conduct research on special projects as needed.
Issue and Escalation Management
- Correspond and collaborate with paralegals, attorneys, and other professionals on legal and regulatory issues impacting multiple LOBs.
- Seek resolution to executive office complaints and customer service escalations related to closed/booked loans and deposit accounts.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve corrections and remediations.
Line of Business Support
- Review and prepare responses to Requests for Proposal for deposit services (RFPs).
- Prepare and review loan documents such as amendments, waivers and modifications to standard documents, landlord waivers, and assignments of insurance
- Review non-standard Assignments of Insurance.
- Review and update Policies & Procedures.
- Undertake additional responsibilities to support Business Banking Legal as needed
- Fluent in written and spoken English with excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization.
- At least 3 years of experience in legal practice.
- Excellent legal research skills including experience with Westlaw or similar services.
- A team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and other compliance professionals.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Project Management.
- LLM or equivalent.
- Experience or interest in consumer banking/lending, financial services regulation and/or financial services litigation.
- Knowledge of the U.S. litigation process, U.S. state legislative and regulatory process.
- Experience studying or working in a common law jurisdiction (Africa, UK, US, Australia)
- Technological mindset and/or background in technology.
- The location of this position is Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- All Attorney candidates must demonstrate compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
¿Sos Mobile Developer? ¿Te gustaría formar parte de una Fintech argentina y de su equipo de profesionales expertos en disciplinas como IT, Data-Science,...
Publicado hace un mes
Para Importante Empresa de Retail electrónico seleccionaremos “ Analista Funcional- ITBP RRHH SSr” , para sumarse a la empresa de manera directa El analista va...
Publicado hace un mes
Nuestro cliente, Importante Multinacional de consumo masivo, necesita incorporar Planificador de Expedición para trabajar en Zona Oeste GBA. Será el...
Publicado hace un mes
Nuestro cliente es líder en servicios de Supply Chain. Con unidades de negocio que abarcan servicios de logística y abastecimiento, ecommerce, desarrollo de...
Publicado hace un mes