Reporting to the DevOps Practice Leader, the CTPE Ambassador / DevOps Engineer Lead is responsible for participating in scrum team based activities that are assigned to portfolio initiaitives. The Ambassador is responsible for representing CTPE across the organization while being accountable for the delivery of assigned products. The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to virtualization & cloud technologies, engineering of new solutions to meet customer needs and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and Network-as-a-service in support of our clients. The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies,
collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams. The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable businesses. The candidate may be expected to serve as a technical lead on appropriate enaggements, ensuring quality and on time delivery within the team.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
- Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
- A good level of managerial competence
Excellent people skills
- Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
- Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
Able to adapt to change at short notice.
Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
From 10-15 years plus of demonstrable enterprise level IT delivery experience
- Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
- Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an end to end solution.
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- Proactively raising issues to Engineering Lead.
- Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language
- Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Provide required training and support to other peer teams for newly designed and developed functionality.
- Utilize approved tools, adopt key performance indicators (KPIs), increase technology component reuse, and consolidate platforms, environments and products with the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
- Proven solution design skillsBeing able to script and automate a solution end-to-end (infrastructure, middleware and application layers).
- Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
- Communicative personality.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Self-supporting and independent attitude.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
- Experience of working in large brown and green field programs.
- Cloud (5 years) in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms. (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
- Scripting (5 years) having knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerShell (required) and Linux shell scripting (preferred).
Functional knowledge of programming scripting and data science languages
Understanding of CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools
- Web Services, API, REST (1-2 years)
- Networking (1-3 years)
- Documentation (2-3 years)
- Source code management (3 years)
En Mercado Libre estamos democratizando el comercio, el dinero y los pagos en América Latina. Tecnología es la esencia de nuestro producto. Nuestros equipos...
Publicado hace un mes
Nos encontramos en la búsqueda de personas con marcadas habilidades técnicas, de comunicación y trabajo en equipo para el puesto de Analista / Desarrollador...
Publicado hace un mes
Analista de Control de Calidad : Fisicoquímico Si te apasiona tu carrera todos los días, nos encantaría saber de ti Te invitamos a leer esta Descripción de...
Publicado hace un mes
Analista de Control de Calidad ? Fisicoquímico Si te apasiona tu carrera todos los días, nos encantaría saber de tiTe invitamos a leer esta Descripción de...
Publicado hace un mes