As an Editorial Outreach Lead, you will prospect, qualify, and engage with prospective partners and online editorial publications while leading a small team of Outreach Specialists. You will own the process from beginning to end and beyond (meaning you will make meaningful relationships and maintain them). You will also collaborate with writers to create high quality and engaging content.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English. However, some meetings are held between 9 and 12 PM EST. Thus, some overlap with EST mornings is necessary.
- You will be responsible for prospecting partners and editorial publications based on relevancy.
- You will be responsible for reaching out and attempting to establish a connection.
- You will work with editorial publications based on their content calendar, collaborate with writers to create engaging content, and maintain a portfolio of relationships.
- You will be responsible for monitoring inbound communications, building relationships, and partnerships, with effective follow up.
- You will lead and coach a small team of Outreach Specialist.
In The First Week You Will
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and operations of the Editorial Outreach team.
- Work closely with the SEO Outreach Manager and others on your team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, products, and business operations.
- Work closely with the team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
In The First Month You Will
- Take ownership of strategic projects at their initial stages or join relevant existing initiatives.
- Dive into how we do SEO research to understand our process completely and craft new methods to share with the team. We only hire hands-on people who take initiative.
- Understand the ins and outs of your role completely.
In The First Six Months You Will
- Launch dozens of outreach campaigns.
- Develop strong relationships with website publishers, online influencers, and editorial connections.
- Have a solid “book of business.”
In The First Year You Will
- Become an editorial outreach expert, capable of tackling any outreach project like a pro.
- Be a success story in the Growth team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact thanks to your projects, and you will be imagining the next batch of even more ambitious projects to drive growth for Toptal.
- 5+ years of recent outbound and editorial outreach experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO concepts preferred.
- A history of articles published in authoritative publications.
- A strong existing network of connections preferred.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience keeping track of metrics and being able to report them when needed.
- You must be able to thrive with deadlines and competitive goals.
- You must be comfortable with using G Suite apps such as Sheets and Docs
- You must be comfortable collaborating with a team to get tasks completed as well as working independently.
- The ability to think outside the box on building and maintaining a list of editorial contacts.
- Genuine enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
##### For Toptal Use Only: #individualcontributorEurope #individualcontributorSA