A leading national IT services company is currently recruiting for an IT Support Specialist to join their growing team.
The IT Support Specialist role is market-based sales and development position. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing recurring professional, managed and cloud service solutions.
- Presenting strategic and complex IT projects and procurement opportunities to prospects and existing clients. These sales are consultative to our prospects and customers and collaborative internally.
- Working closely with the local sales team and their customers to cross-sell services for the mutual benefit of each divison.
- Developing territory through business development initiatives and networking activities such as mixers and tradeshows etc.
Essential job functions are the following:
- Apply an in-depth understanding of all services, programs, and sales methodologies to address complex and strategic ACC, project and procurement opportunities.
- Work with regional engineering project resources, regional relationship management resources, sales and management resources to achieve and exceed quota.
- Work with local offices to cross-sell IT Services to their client and prospect base.
- Provide thorough and accurate insight into the financial results and forecasts of sales of strategic and complex ACC, project and procurement services.
- With support from marketing and channel strategy resources, present special programs to prospects and clients.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our services create value for customers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of technology services and trends.
- Key performance metrics include:
* Sales Activities.
* Managed Services Quota Attainment.
* Project Services Quota Attainment.
* Project Procurement Quota Attainment.
* Client Rentention.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) need to be sucessful in the role as IT Support Specialist:
- Sales/business development experience, with a record of meeting and exceeding quota.
- High level of financial acumen, in order to have "business discussions with business people".
- Strong communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver difficult messages while emphasizing postive, future-orientated prospectives.
- Technical aptitude, with the ability to appropriately apply technical service base to individual customer needs.
- Highly adaptable to changes in business direction, services, and a needs from a prospect, client and team perspective.
- Possess the ability to influence vs. control others.
- Successful track record of sales and relationship management with notable accomplishments.
- Strong analytical and strategical thinking skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple sales activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional planning, organisation and time-management skills; self-starter.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; good judgement.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Superior work ethic and high energy level.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills (including Excel, World, SalesForce contact management).
Experience, Educational Requirements and Certifications:
- 3-5 years experience in the Managed IT Services, or IT Services industry.
- 4 year college-degree or equivalent, or relevant industry experience.