Job Outline: To lead and manage a small team of Health Care Professionals as well as the clinical service, plus assigned flexi staff.
- Management, supervision and development of the team, this includes local team meetings, 121s, absence management and the implementation of clinical supervision.
- To develop and manage compliance of local operating procedures and policies, meeting legislative guidance and evidence based best practice.
- Act as a designated manager for the service when on duty.
- To manage the custody stock of medications in line with an agreed level and in line with company policy.
- Ensure all clinical equipment is maintained and has annual checks in place. This includes where necessary all daily checks are completed by team.
- To act as initial point of contact for commissioners, developing strong links with individual custody sergeants.
- In the absence of the Clinical Lead, ensure rotas are fully covered.
- Work closely with the compliance team to ensure the team manage all requests for statements and involvement with clinical incidents within timeframes.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection, information governance and maintaining Guidelines.
- To comply with health and safety legislation and local policies, providing healthy working conditions for individuals. Supporting staff who work in a range of secure environments in circumstances which may impact on a person?s physical and mental well-being.
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are followed, and information sharing with child protection teams and agencies meet safeguarding board, trust and local policies
- Accountable for local audit: infection control, health and safety and medicines management.
- Accountable for achievement of statutory and mandatory training target within the designated custody unit.
- To act as local IPC lead for a specified custody suite, ensuring audits are completed and when necessary, support in the development of reports to the board.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge:
- Part 1 (Adult) NMC registration or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice.
- 3 years post-registration experience.
- Evidence of advanced clinical practice.
- Leading on an area of training or development.
- Recruitment and retention of staff.
- 12 month experience of working within a police custody environment.
- Evidence of managerial experience at a supervisory level.