Agri-Fresh accepts applications from experienced foreign truck drivers to work in Canada legally through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP - Immigrate Manitoba). This is to help with the current labor shortage affecting our industry in providing fresh produce to Canada. We offer a guaranteed Driver rate as well as a bonus program with an optional benefits package after completing a probationary period.
- Transport food grade goods and materials to various destinations both nationally and internationally.
- Oversee all aspects of equipment, loading and unloading as well as safety and security of cargo being transported.
- Perform trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage.
- Monitor equipment performance and mechanical fitness.
- Obtain and submit documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, distance traveled, fuel consumption, and other information in log books and trip sheets.
- Communicate (receive and relay information) with the dispatcher using an on board satellite.
- Class 1A driver’s license with 3-4 years of experience.
- IELTS Category Ratings of CLB 5 or higher
- Eligible for cross border travel.
- Able to travel for extended periods; average length of trips are 20-30 days.
- Ability to operate and drive articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Able to plan travel schedules and routes using atlases and other trip planning aides such as GPS.
- Winter and mountain driving experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Good drivers abstract with no major violations.
- Clear English, both verbal and written.
- Starting wage range $4,000 to $5,500 monthly for 45 to 60 hours per week.
- Average 10,000 to 12,000 miles per month.
- $20 to $100 paid live picks and drops.
- $10 to $100 paid loaded border crossings.
- $200 Paid Statutory Holidays
- Beneficial Canadian training program - Helping international drivers climatize to North American driving rules and processes!
- 4% vacation pay
- Paid biweekly through direct deposit.
- Health and Dental benefits available after 3 months of employment.
- Quarterly and yearly bonuses paid over and above your base pay.
Driving Licence equivalent to Canadian Class 1, 3+ years Articulated Truck experience