In this function, you will: - Plan, layout and perform all required operation in the installation, repair, and maintenance of a wide variety of complicated electrical, electronic and high frequency equipment and wiring.
- Assist in or build prototype of experimental machinery or equipment including preparation of prints, fabricating parts, assembly and try outs.
- Perform other maintenance functions, such as plumbing, carpentry, driving, painting, moving and installing equipment or furniture; snow removal and sanding manually or mechanically, cement work, simple welding, roof repair and overall maintenance of building and grounds.
- Be involved of in a wide range of difficult operations requiring skill and a thorough knowledge of the trade to install and maintain all types of electrical transmission lines, including high tension lines, motors, generators, distribution equipment; where the understanding of operating principles is necessary to provide proper precautions and factors of safety against overloads and to others.
- Ocassionally perform machine maintenance work, when required.
- Direct and instruct several helpers when required and performance maintenance and facility emergency response duties.
Required Qualifications for this role:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must have an Electriction license.
Preferred Qualifications for this role:
- Minimum 5 years Maintenance Electriction experience in a manufactoring/industrial environment.
- Fork Lift License; must be able to be obtained within 3 months of being in this position.
- Must have valid Driver's License.
- Prepare wiring diagrams and change existing drawings as required to assure up-to-date maintenance wiring diagrams and prints.
- Requisition and maintain adequate supply of electrical and electronic supplies, tools and equipment. Report difficulties, hazards or unusual conditions to supervision.