The maintenance supervisor role is predominantly concerned with quality and safety
assurance. The supervisor ensures that all aspects of a maintenance task are performed
correctly, assisting with overcoming any barriers crafts may face while performing a task.
The supervisor will maintain an overview of all the work being performed, communicating
with the production coordination during the daily meeting. S/he will allocate new work to
technicians as appropriate to the schedule.
- Allocate competent technicians to perform the scheduled tasks.
- Inform the scheduler promptly if there are any changes to maintenance labour capacity.
- Implement long term capacity changes to meet increasing/decreasing labour demands.
Ensure work is allocated and performed in a way that maximizes the efficiency of the
- Perform toolbox talks and gain continual assurance that the work being performed by
technicians is safe.
- Investigate the quality of work being performed to confirm repair/restoration standards
are being maintained.
- Lead and encourage a positive reliability and integrity culture in production and
The maintenance supervisor role will likely be cross discipline, i.e., with knowledge
competencies in mechanical, electrical and instruments. As the person who confirms quality
assurance, this person is expected to be highly respected and competent in the various
disciplines, recognising the strengths of individuals in his team. The maintenance
supervisor should also have
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment in the maintenance of oil and gas
- Knowledge of the modes of failure applicable to large industrial equipment such as fans,
pumps and compressors and their associated components.
- Skill in identification of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work
assignments, high skill in applying technical knowledge to determine equipment problems
(including knowledge of RCA techniques and their applicability) and identifying
appropriate solutions in order to swiftly develop work packs.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and applying information from files, drawings, catalogues,
reports and manuals.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- The ability to lead a cohesive team, developing skills and maintaining sufficient ‘man
behind the man’ back up coverage of skills.
- Skill in using SAP BLP to review work packages and work order technical history.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including;
operators, vendors, contractors, subordinates, peers and superiors.
- Technical or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical matters.
- +5 years of relevant related experiencie in the O&G; Upstream industry.
- Upper-intermediate English level.
No. of Positions