Project/Program Manager Tech
The Program Manager role is a great fit for the talented individual who thrives on calling out and managing risk. The successful candidate will partner with cross functional teams to streamline and drive strategic programs while advising on best practices for engineering, product management, and overall business initiatives. Ferreting out and resolving risk and tracking dependencies is what you live for. We are looking for candidates who are collaborative, have a proven track record of delivering software programs for Enterprise, from design to implementation.
From device to cloud,
McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About The Role
- You will plan/manage technical programs or projects to meet specific objectives or goals.
- You will provide leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program, also you will provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- You will work on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific product or service.
- You will identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
- You will assess risk and identify issues.
- You will monitor progress against schedule.
- You will coordinate resources with other functions.
- You will review user and technical requirements for completeness and clarity.
- You have PMP/PMI/CSM or similar certification or experience preferred
- You have 6+ years of experience in software industry.
- You have knowledge of software product and GTM lifecycles and operational excellence in program delivery
- You have the ability to analyse complex customer business and technical requirements
- You have experience working with Scrum / Agile environments.
- You have knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work.
- You are comfortable working with JIRA, Excel, Project online, PowerPoint.
- McAfee’s Program Management office is spread across multiple Geo’s/Timezones and cultures, you will need
- the ability to prioritize tasks and manage self-manage your time efficiently
- a high level of self-initiative and self-motivation
- flexibility to manage your working time to accommodate the needs of the business
- You have demonstrated experience with creating, marketing and managing programs and processes in a matrix organization to deliver results.
- You have demonstrable experienced in leading large, complex, multi-site/geo projects to success.
- The ability to provide succinct reports and provide fluid discussions on project/program deliverables in both written and oral English is a key skill needed for this role.
- Having a background in Security Software is a giant plus.
Company Benefits And Perks
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks May Include
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.