Position Title: Cloud Platform Engineer Location: USA-NC-Raleigh Functional Area: Research/Development
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percent: 10
Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day at Lenovo we are moving forward always seeking a new way to make the world better. We're looking for highly motivated software engineers who will bring their passion in all areas to drive the next generation in technology, including information retrieval, data management, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We’re looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer within the Cloud & SW Platform Business Unit at Lenovo. In this role, you will be expected to bring hands on technical expertise and execution leadership in Cloud Solutions & Architecture supporting the IoT and Cloud platform. You'll work in emerging and traditional technologies (such as Java, React, RESTful services, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few). You will help create container platform solutions and microservices used by our development teams to transform our consumer and business applications and services into scalable, elastic systems that can be instantiated on demand.
What You’ll Be Doing…
• Write server side code for our cloud platform, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
• Build, design and implement scalable microservices for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
• Design and develop high performance, high availability systems
• Develop software in Java with Eclipse and Maven
• Develop REST services using JAX-RS, Jersey, Jackson
• Working with cloud software technology (e.g. NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop)
• Document, support, and maintain software functionality
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Implement complex subsystems of cloud platform
• Bring deep understanding of programming approaches with a broad knowledge of large-scale, SaaS application development.
• You will regularly discuss short and long term architectural objectives and occasionally advise on solutions approach, where applicable.
• Proactively engage managers and technical leads across the Engineering Organization to ensure development is meeting the needs of customers both internal and external.
• Travel may be required (10%) for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of excellent software programming skills in Java, NodeJS, and know- how of JVM performance tuning
• Strong Understandings of open-source technologies/framework (Linux, Spring, Guice, javax-rs)
• Experience working on a large-scale deployments and performance tuning.
• Engineering process experience with the Agile Software Development principles
• Previous experience with containers and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
• Working knowledge of version control systems, familiarity with github
• Experience building, installing, configuring, and patching software and services
• Compiling and building software with tools such as Make, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, or Gulp
• Familiarity with automation, configuration management, and cloud provisioning tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform
• Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, or Artifactory
• Familiarity with administering, automating, and deploying to cloud-based environments such as AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
• Familiarity with HTTP request/response flow (for example, using REST)
• Comfortable with Bash and the command line
• MS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field.
• Demonstrated understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based
Ciudad: buenos aires
Senior Quality Engineer Location CN-BeijingPosting date 1 week ago(4/23/2018 4:12 PM) Job ID 62992 Category Quality Engineering Company Description At Red Hat...
Desde Red Hat - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 24 días
Fielo is a Loyalty & Incentive software platform that helps organizations run large-scale loyalty programs for customers and partners. We are growing fast and...
Desde Valuenet Srl - GBA Norte
Publicado hace 24 días
Análisis y programación de nuevos proyectos y mantenimiento de aplicaciones en arquitectura Mainframe. Se analizarán también postulaciones con perfil de...
Desde Ergo Soluciones Srl - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 23 días
Acerca de esta página ¡kaver consulting sigue creciendo! nos encontramos en búsqueda de un salesforce developer para trabajar en importante compañía de...
Desde Confidencial - Capital Federal
Publicado hace 23 días