Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Service Delivery Project Manager
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor on our Srvcs Proj/Prog Mgmt team in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It takes something special to drive the development and implementation of new and exciting products and services.
That’s a job for our Services Project and Program Management team within Professional Services. The team works closely with sales, customer service, partners, customers and other technical support groups in cross-functional teams. Together, they manage the lifecycle of highly complex, high risk projects - from design to delivery.
Job Family Summary:
Leads the development and implementation process of the company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new and/or existing products or services. This
is typically a client facing 'billable' role.
Services Project/Program Management - Individual Contributor
Works with external clients/customers to monitors projects from initiation through delivery and ensures technical compatibility for the various accounts.
Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
Job Title:Senior Advisor, Srvcs Proj/Prog Mgmt
- Responsible for the delivery of moderate complex, moderate risk projects and maintaining project quality, finances and focus
- Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily schedule, establishing project governance
- Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW)
- Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with Dell employees or Partner Resources
- Works with Resource Management on project staffing / Accountable for delivering projects on time
- Controls the financial compliance / Completes weekly and quarterly forecasts of revenue and utilization
- Prepares estimated time to complete, manages back-log / Manages the cost budget and the impact of change requests on cost budget
- Responsible for Quality Assurance; ensure project is delivered to scope defined within SOW and ensure any deviations are processed via defined Change Control process
- Point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement
- Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel
- Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate
- Lead team during project life-cycle; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or workstreams
- Provide performance feedback to management and team members
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 5+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Strong proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent Spanish Level Required
- English Upper Intermediate or Advanced Level Required.
- Proficient in Portuguese Level Required.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, CCNA, Six Sigma) Desired
- PMP or equivalent Certification Desired
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
***The role requires 30% of the day speaking/hearing thru a phone or headphones****
****All our facilities are wheelchair accessible****
****Person will need to see images, designs, colors, and will need to read from a screen****
****Strategy could change, the person would need to be able to adapt the focus accordingly****
****This position could work from home 3 times a week (after a learning period)****
Job Family: Servicios-profesionales Gestión-de-proyectos
Job ID: R055879