Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Senior Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: (19016362)
Primary Location: Argentina-Buenos Aires
Job Function: Accounting & Finance
Job Posting Date: Jan 7, 2020, 7:45:14 PM
Given the relevance of this role and the duties assigned to it, the position requires working in a multicultural environment with exposure to different levels of managers and stakeholders in the Latin America organization. The Senior Financial Analyst reports directly to the Finance Manager, Latin America. The position is located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for finance activities that ensure proper and timely reporting of financial information to Country Leader,
Latin America Regional Office and Emerson Business Units. Additionally, the Senior Financial Analyst provides support to leaders in the SOLA region.
This position provides an immediate opportunity to obtain extensive knowledge of Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business in Latin America, including business strategy; financial planning and reporting; and internal controls structure.
High exposure/interaction with top management necessitates excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates must possess high ethics standards and be highly motivated, detailed oriented, ambitious individuals who can work both independently and as part of cross functional teams and are seeking an opportunity to make a difference.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of POR execution in the SOLA region
- Produce monthly financial and operational reports
- Support with month end activities and timely reporting of financial information to Emerson Business Units
- Perform monthly analysis of POR-to-Actuals variations and provide explanations to business leaders
- Perform balance sheet reviews to ensure information in financial statements is properly supported and analysis are adequately documented
- Drive lean process improvement initiatives
- Contribute to maintain effective Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR); ensuring adherence to Corporate compliance requirements (i.e., CP&Ps;, SOX 404, Anti-Corruption); regional policies and procedures,
- Increase opportunities to raise awareness of Emerson values, CP&Ps;, and ethics culture
- Support integration of business acquisitions
- Travel for Manager of Compliance is approximately 10-20%
- Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Certification in Accounting (CPA), Auditing (CIA) or Masters (MBA) is a plus
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 3+ years of progressive financial reporting and accounting experience in multinational environment is strongly preferred
- Fluent English (written, spoken)
- System Knowledge: JD Edwards, Oracle, is a plus
- Blackline, SharePoint
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Nimble Learning
- Situational Adaptability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Instill Trust / Accuracy
- Communicates Effectively
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.