This position reports to the Argentina Well Execution Lead and is responsible to deliver the Geoscience technical work needed for Well Delivery success. The asset currently has 2 rigs running and delivery of the Operating Plan through execution excellence is key to Shell Argentina’s success. The position is expected to closely work with other members of the Technical Team, interfacing as well as with PT Wells, Completions, Operations, Midstream, Land and Commercial organizations. In addition, this role will play an important part in external stakeholder engagement.
- Manage and run Well Delivery process, including commercial and cross-functional interfaces
- Pick well targets and plan well trajectories
- Manage subsurface risks and incorporate into operational activities, including geohazard assessment/PPFG
- Execute Wells monitor well trajectories, targets, geosteering, leveraging and managing DART
- Monitor and capture Well Delivery KPIs; provide deliverables to EOWR
- Use and update Petrel structural models with operational well data as required
- Liaison between projects – operation – PT and Front End Planning
- Authorities & regulators reporting & compliance
- Contribute to after action reviews to improve HSE and unit development cost performance.
- Assist Area manager and Completion Technology and Effectiveness Team (CTE) to help design new well completions and evaluate trial performance.
Interfaces Area teams, Wells group, CET, Projects, Development Planner, Surveillance, Regulatory group, Water Lead to deliver the Operating Plan
Lean Work to optimize and right-size all processes in a way that makes them fit-for purpose and competitive for the Unconventionals business.
In addition, this individual will be expected to work effectively with other teams in the asset and broader Unconventionals organization
Experience and Qualifications required
Geologist with 10+ years industry experience
Experience with operational geology and well planning
Demonstrable track record of high-quality, on-time, within budget project delivery
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work well with other disciplines and interacts effectively within teams and with other internal and external stakeholders (Drilling, CW&I;, Facilities, Surveillance, Land, Regulatory, Finance).
Strong presentation/communication skills.
Fluent in Spanish
Fluent in English
Buenos Aires - Casa Central OP
The Argentina Technical Asset Team consists of around 28 technical subsurface staff and technicians. The subsurface staff sit within 4 teams The Bajada de Anelo, SOV South, and NOV area teams ,as well as the Execution team. The Execution team Team is part of the Argentina Technical organization which will be responsible for delivery of a plan with a capital spend of $400+mln per annum
No. of Positions